Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Ramadan away from home

I miss the everything about Ramadan in Maldives. Mom and dad will be busy in the kitchen. Me and my bros will be either watching Tv or going for a ride in the afternoon. Used to hang out with my friends. Makes the time fly by.
This year it's just me and my sis.
As you all might know, yesterday was the first day of Ramadan and you won't believe what happened. It was a normal day. Didn't really feel like Ramadan. Got a new hair style and my sis did it for me. Left home at 7:00pm cause my sis's friend(Nick) invited us to break fast with him, his bro and his bro's girlfriend. We had break fast for like an hour and then decided to go to a sky bar cause nick's bro was in town for vacation. So the 5 of us was enjoying ourselves in the bar and when we were giving our orders I asked for an espresso and guess what. They brought a huge glass with whip cream on it. At first I thought the sour taste was cause of the coffee, but after finishing my drink I looked at the ingredients to find out that I drank vodka. It was an honest mistake. So I didn't mind. What done was done. Nick also said to me. "First day of Ramadan and your drinking already" hehe. Even though I drank that I wasn't drunk so its ok I guess. No harm done.
As for today, I had to go to college as usual at 9am. So I woke at 8:15 or something. really easy cause we don't have to eat. Got to college for Mr.Alex class. The most boring class we have this semester. A few minutes after Mr.Alex started teaching, I started to fall asleep. But tried my best not to. Today was harder than yesterday. Felt hungry and sleepy, so as soon as I got back from college went to bed and woke up in time to go to 1U for shopping. Wanted to buy a T-shirt, but couldn't find anything I like. Anyways we bought the groceries and the necessary items and got back in time to cook. Finished cooking within 45 minutes. Too bad I couldn't eat much today. Was feeling very sleepy. And again it's time for me to go and eat. Haha.

1 comment:

AmUyO ToMoKo said...

Hey, actually I'm curious that you fast also...